Friday 15 March 2013

The Emmanuel Igoniwari Foundation Autism Awareness Seminar

The Emmanuel Igoniwari Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation in Nigeria, recently organised a seminar/lecture on Autism Awareness. The event was held in Abuja on 23 February 2013. I was privileged to be one of the speakers and my topic was: An Introduction to Special Needs - A Brief on Autism. 


Some of the audience actually had either a child or a relative living with Autism, but my attention was drawn to the keen interest exhibited by the attendees in general.  I was very delighted that my answers to some of their questions gave them renewed hope and even inspired others to seek to know more about Autism and other special needs that people cope with.

Here are some photographs from the event:

This is me while delivering my lecture.
A cross-section of the attendees.

During the Question and Answer session.

Further clarifications and counseling after the seminar.

From L-R: Adelola Edema (a fellow guest speaker), David Igoniwari (main organizer) and Me.

A photo-shot with Adelola, David and some of the organizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or questions here. Thanks.