Friday 8 March 2013

Intro...


I was born and raised in Lagos State, Nigeria. I graduated from the University of Lagos in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology. 


I am passionate about educating young people  and being a positive role model to them. I had the opportunity of working as a nursery school teaching assistant in Nigeria. Also, having twin nephews living with Autism inspired me to pursue my current Special Education program. My experience studying at Meredith College further created in me the desire to help in increasing the capacity of individuals and empowering them to see opportunities through the means of education. 


While studying at Meredith College, I was able to observe and teach exceptional learners from diverse backgrounds in K-12  classrooms. During my internship, I taught in  a cross categorical (ID MILD 2) self contained classroom (3rd - 5th grade) at Penny Road Elementary School, Cary, NC.  My experiences at that school and in my program are immeasurable.

As a certified special educator, I aspire to always help students reach their potentials by providing a conducive learning environment for them.  I believe that through education, children can grow into respectable citizens of society who have respect for all things and all people. Consequently, I make every effort to focus my curriculum around students' interests to encourage and inspire their passion to learn and to participate actively in the classroom.

For more on my teaching experiences please click on the links on the navigation bar on the right side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or questions here. Thanks.